Things you’ll need:
- 5 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 Pork Tenderloins appox 2-2 ½ lbs
- ⅓ Cup of Bootsie’s Hi-Tone White BBQ (plus more for dipping)
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 8oz can of mushrooms Stems and Caps
- 1 Tbs Bootsie’s Sweet Heat Funk
- 1 Tbs Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 2 Tbs of oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 8 minutes. Place mushrooms into a food processor, after a light chop add to skillet. 1/2 teaspoon Bootsie’s Sweet Heat Funk to taste; cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs and all but 2 tablespoons parsley. Let cool.
- Soak 10 to 12 toothpicks in water to prevent them from burning. Rinse the pork and pat dry. Butterfly the pork: Make a 1-inch-deep incision down the length of each tenderloin; do not cut all the way through. Open the meat like a book so the tenderloins lie flat.
- Cover the pork with plastic wrap; pound with the flat side of a meat mallet until about 1/2 inch thick, starting from the middle and working outward. Spread the mushroom mixture over the 2 tenderloins. Starting with a long side, tightly roll up each tenderloin. Secure the seams with the toothpicks.
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Brush the pork rolls with Hi-Tone White BBQ and season with Sweet Heat Funk. Grill, turning, until a thermometer inserted into the center of the pork registers 140 degrees F, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest, about 10 minutes.
- Mix the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons parsley, and Bootsie’s Sweet Heat Funk to taste in a bowl. Remove the toothpicks and slice the pork rolls. Top with oil.
- Serve with side of Hi-Tone BBQ for dipping.